1. The applicant should be the student of the notified minority communities (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsis), Muslim and Christian).
2. The applicant/student should be pursuing studies in India in Government/ Provincialised/ Recognised or Recognised Private School/ Institute.
3. Pre-Matric Scholarship will be awarded to the students of Class I to X who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and family annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh. The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
4. 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS:
1. The last date for submission of online applications by the students (Fresh & Renewal) through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is extended up to 15th November, 2022. (Link: NSP)
2. Submit the physical/printout copy of applications along with all relevant documents to the concerned Head of Institute (HoI)/ Institute Nodal Officer (INO) for online Institute level verification of application before the deadline.
Note: Applicants are advised to give only that bank account details which remain in active mode or compliant as per bank’s instructions so that payment of Scholarship does not fail.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INOS/ HEAD OF INSTITUTES:
1. The last date for online verification of applications at the Institute/INO (L1) level is extended up to 30th November, 2022. (Link: Institute Login)
2. Submit the verified list of students with seal & signature of HoI along with all relevant documents of students/institute to the concerned District Nodal Officer (DNO) for online District level verification of applications. (Link: District Nodal Officers List)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISTRICTS (DISTRICT NODAL OFFICERS):
1. The last date of online verification of applications at the District/DNO (L2) level is extended up to 15th December, 2022. (Link: District Login)
2. The documents/data to be checked thoroughly before the online verification of Pre-Matric scholarship applications at the Institute & District level on NSP are given below:-
(A) The DNOs have to take an undertaking from the HoI/ INOs that the applications along with supporting documents verified by them are genuine & authenticated before District level verification of application.
(B) The Aadhaar copy of HoI/ INOs should be checked and verified by the DNOs.
(C) The school enrolment register should match the student records with the information provided in the online application form for the students.
(D) Bank account number in the name of the student or their parents. IFSC code of location of the bank/branch should be verified. If it is located outside the district it should be double-checked.
(E) Xerox copy of bank account passbook mentioning the account number & account holder name.
(F) Student bonafide certificate/Aadhaar uploaded should be verified.
(G) The mobile number of applicants should be checked.
(H) Annual Family Income certificate issued by Competent Authority in respect of parent/guardian of the students.
(I) A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others, the Community Certificate certified by the parent/guardian of the student is required.
(J) Marksheet of the previous year of the student.
(K) School Fee receipts (if paid) and Hosteller proof (if they stay in hostel facility managed by the school itself) of the student.
(L) Domicile proof.
Instructions for Institute (KYC) Registration: Eligible Schools/Institutes where minority student is studying, should get themselves registered with Aadhaar of HoI/ INOs (if not done earlier) on NSP at “Apply for KYC” option and submit the printout copy of the Institute (KYC) registration forms along with supporting documents to the concerned District Nodal Officer (DNO) on or before 10th November, 2022 for approval to activate and visibility of the institute name on the student registration section and verification of the applications online at Institute level. Institutions whose KYC form is already approved are requested to authenticate Aadhaar of INO/ HoI and update institute profile/offered class (if not done earlier) at “Institute Login (Institute Nodal Officer)” option on NSP on or before 10th November, 2022 for applications verification. (Link: Institute (KYC) Registration Form)